- Bit2Me is the first Spanish company to be registered by the Bank of Spain as a provider of virtual currency exchange services for fiat currency and electronic wallet custody services.
- Bit2Me was the first exchange to apply for registration with the Bank of Spain and has been the first company in the world to obtain it.
- Bit2Me’s entry in the Spanish regulator’s registry is another step in the massive adoption of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in Spanish society.
The Bank of Spain recognizes Bit2Me, the Spanish cryptocurrency platform and creator of the B2M token, as the first provider of virtual currency exchange services for fiat currency and custody of electronic wallets.
The company, with more than 20 solutions for buying, selling and managing cryptocurrencies, was the first to apply for registration with the Bank of Spain. This Tuesday the regulatory body has confirmed its registration, making Bit2Me the first company in the world to achieve it. The platform offers services in more than 100 countries and has registered in 2021 a transacted turnover of more than 1.1 billion euros.
In this way, the Spanish central bank recognizes that Bit2Me complies with the requirements of commercial and professional honorability established for credit institutions, and with the Money Laundering Prevention regulations.
Bit2Me’s entry in the registry is a further step in the mass adoption of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in the Spanish society, and recognizes Bit2Me’s firm commitment to training in cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology in Spain and Latin America.
“The recognition of the Bank of Spain is a boost to our business relationships. Being the first company worldwide to achieve this recognition speaks volumes about the security with which our service is developed and the confidence in Bit2Me,” says Leif Ferreira, CEO of the company.
📣 Press clipping
- World Stock Market – The Bank of Spain has issued a license to the Bit2Me cryptocurrency exchange
- Coin Desk – Spain’s Central Bank Licenses Bit2Me to Be Country’s First Crypto Services Provider
- Advisor News – Spain’s Bit2Me, the first cryptocurrency platform included in the Bank of Spain registry
- The Goas Spotlight – The Bank of Spain has already recognized its first cryptocurrency platform. It’s just the beginning